Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, May 29, 2011

coming to terms...

I have decided that my body weight is like a testimony; it is always growing or shrinking, but never remains stationary. In church we talked about how a testimony is like planting a seed that needs nourishment and cultivation, or like a flame that must be fed so it doesn't wither and die. I have developed good daily habits that help strengthen my testimony of Christ, such as prayer and scripture study. So likewise I need to develop good daily habits that will help me become more physically fit. Every time I get close to my goal weight I get overly secure, lazy and self indulgent, which results in me gaining 5 lbs back. Such a frustrating cycle. I've just got to be more diligent. I miss the days growing up when I could eat as much of whatever I wanted without a second thought, but being a Mother is so worth the changes it has brought to my body. =)

2 comments:

  1. There is no perfect weight. We had an enrichment night where we talked about healthy living and the lady teaching was maybe 5'7" and weighed 165, but was an athlete and looked amazing. I think we all need to get away from "the perfect weight" or "perfect size" and just try to be healthy! When we are eating healthy, and exercising (without it all consuming our entire life) we will learn to be happy with who we are. Right now I am trying to lose weight, because I know I have a lot of fat that needs to shrink and muscle that needs to grow, but I don't have a target size--I just want to FEEL good (and I feel soooo much better now than before I started really trying to eat right and exercise). But it can't consume us or our thoughts (like getting mad at ourselves because we ate two brownies for dessert). Like you equated it to a testimony, I'll use my analogy: are we moving in the right direction (towards perfection), in the wrong direction, or standing still? If we are (overall) moving in the right direction, we are doing the right thing!

    Anyway, you can probably see that I empathize with your frustrations.

    ReplyDelete