Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Fort that Mom Built

When Reese was a baby it soothed him if I walked around or rocked him while he nursed.  Hayden is the opposite. He prefers to be perfectly still, preferably laying down on his side.  I was washing all the bedding today, so when Hayden got fussy I tossed a spare blanket on the floor and laid down next to him.  Then I got the idea, "If your going to lay on the floor, why not lay in style?" =)
And that is how this fort came to be:
 Reese loved crawling around shining the flashlight up through the sheets.  I built it in our walk in closet so it was kind of magical to look up and see the multicolored hems of Edward's collar shirts through the gaps in our makeshift canopy.  
It wasn't long though before we all (myself and our two dogs included) fell asleep in our cozy quarters for a short siesta.  
After our nap we packed it up and left Daddy nary a clue of our nomadic campout ;)

1 comment: