Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, June 18, 2012

Good Manners

This weekend Reese perfected the art of saying Thank you.  Every-time I'd hand him something, open a door, give him a kiss, I'd hear "Dank uuu!"  It is super sweet and melts my heart, but I was kind of at a loss as to how he'd learned it since we've never prompted him to say it.  He hasn't been to daycare in over a month (Kara -my friend who watches him occasionally for me on Mondays- taught him the rules of time-out, and I will forever be grateful to her.  Now whenever Reese gets into trouble he runs over and slides into his time out spot like it's home plate and won't budge till I give him the OK. It's marvelous.) But I began to notice how often I say "Thank you" to him, and it's quite a bit! So maybe, just maybe...he picked it up all on his own from our example, a thought that is both exciting and intimidating at the same time. I hope we've got our game on in other areas as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment