Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, August 26, 2018

Reese's Baptism

Reese was Baptized on Saturday Aug 25th 2018.
His Grandpa Washburn (my Dad) baptized him, while his great-Grandpa Washburn (JB Washburn) confirmed him.  Edward was able to be one of the witnesses.  So many of our friends and family came to support Reese, and it was such a beautiful event.  I felt the Spirit so strong.  One of the sweet ladies in our Primary Presidency said she felt the spirit stronger than at any baptism she had ever been to, and she said she had been to quite a few.  I'm hoping Edward felt it as well.  After his Confirmation, Reese and Hayden sang a duet "I hope they call me on a mission".  Our next door neighbor Ali (Bishop's wife), had taught Reese that song last year when she substituted his Primary class, and I never grow tired of hearing them sing it.  Bishop asked me if I would like to bare my testimony, so I did.  After testifying of my Savior and Redeemer, I told Reese how proud I was of him.  I had tears of joy, but what warmed my heart was when I looked at Reese he had the hugest smile on his face and tears spilling down his cheeks as well.  He wiped them away as he grinned up at me, and I will remember that moment forever.  It is amazing how quickly after receiving the Gift of The Holy Ghost, these sweet kids can feel the influence of the Spirit. The gospel of Jesus Christ and my kids bring me so much joy in life!

No comments:

Post a Comment