Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Nov 6, 2012 Election Day

The Presidential race between Gov. Mitt Romney and Pres. Barack Obama
was a close one.
Our family was disappointed (to say the least) with the outcome.
Mainly I was hoping the rapid changes we are seeing occur in our country 
would be stymied for a season, and that the conflict which we will inevitably face in the future, might be postponed that much longer.
I pray that I may instill courage and the love of God in my sons hearts.  That they may rise to whatever occasion presents itself in their future, and stand for truth and righteousness, for freedom and liberty, for justice and equality.  

I love reading World War II stories, especially of those who harbored Jews.  
To me it is the ultimate act of courage to put not only your own life in danger, but to compromise the safety of your family, even your own children, to act in accordance with how the Savior would have. To help the helpless, protect the weak.  
It takes great faith and trust in the Lord.
Even though they may be strangers, "in as much as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brotheren, ye have done it unto me." (Matthew 25:40).
"For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life
  for my sake, shall find it." (Matthew 16:25)
May my children be quivers in the Lord's hands.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment