Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, July 11, 2014

Baby Girl!

We are expecting baby #3 and it's a GIRL! 
I'm about 24 wks -due in Nov.
I was having some pain on the lower right of my abdomen, and after talking to my baby Doctor and reading in my baby book I thought it was round ligament pain.  It had bothered me for several weeks if I moved suddenly or coughed or sneezed, but became significantly worse while in Page visiting my Parents. We were all sleeping on an air mattress and Hayden had inadvertently kneed me in the abdomen, so I figured I had further bruised those pesky round ligaments. My Dad and brother Brian gave me a priesthood blessing the following morning, and though I had planned to drive back home that day, I decided to postpone our departure.  That night around 10pm, the pain became so constant and unbearable that I decided it couldn't be pregnancy related (was worse than labor pains) so my brother Buzz drove me to the ER.  My mom was working at the hospital that night and so my Dad called her to let her know I was coming in.  Turns out my appendix had ruptured.  That hour in the hospital waiting for a diagnosis and the subsequent pain medication was the most excruciating agony I have ever experienced.  I found that running my hand under a trickle of water in the sink, and focusing on the feeling of the water on my skin helped somewhat relieve my mind from focusing on the pain.  And I prayed lots! Anyway, to make a long story a little shorter, during the ultrasound the tech thought I was having a boy, which surprised me, because since I was just 13wks my Doctor has been 99% sure it's a girl.  So when I got back home to the valley and they did the big ultrasound I was pleased when they reaffirmed that yes, it is indeed 100% a girl =).  I am so excited to have a daughter and feel a very sweet spirit from her already.  And I'm very grateful to my family for all their help.   My Mom got to be my nurse while I was in post surgery recovery, and my Dad and brother's watched my boys the days I was in the hospital.  Then when I got home my husband and church-ward spoiled me some more with dinners and care.  I've healed quickly, and am so grateful my sweet baby was ok during the the whole ordeal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment