Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, May 1, 2016

Mother's-Day-Photos

My Mother-in-law has to do dialysis three times a week and she says it is freezing in the clinic, so I made her a photo blanket of the boys when they were babies to take with her.  It ended up being gi-normouse and would be weird to take places with you, but she loves it anyway and keeps it hanging in her room instead.  The last time we visited she requested I make her a new one with Grayce in the picture.  Her health has not been so good, and it has been on my mind to get one made for her, but you need a high-def picture to be able to do it.  So I scheduled a photo shoot with my very talented friend Mary.  
It was supposed to be just pics of the kids, but she made me be in some too, and I'm so glad she did.  It ended up being like the best Mother's Day gift I could have given myself as well.  The sweetest thing was a tender mercy from the Lord.  On a day when I was feeling very low about my abilities as a Mother, Mary (totally unaware of how I was feeling) posted a photo of me and the kids with some very kind words on FB.  Some dear friends commented on the photo as well, all complimenting me as a Mother.  I know none of them can truly judge whether I am doing a good job as a Parent or not, but I felt like Heavenly Father was letting me know in His way that I am doing a good job and not to get so down. And the photo blanket is due to arrive at my in-laws on the 6th -just in-time for Mother's Day. 


1 comment:

  1. What a great idea for your MIL. You truly have one of the kindest hearts. I don't know any mom who doesn't feel inadequate as a mother sometimes (or maybe all the time!). You and your kids are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete