Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, May 1, 2016

The beach.


 It got chilly as the sun set, so we put Reese's extra sweater on Grayce. 
She looked like a little (Star Wars) ewok wandering around on the beach :)
A common question they like to ask new sisters in Relief Society is,"What's your favorite...the beach, mountains, country, or the city?" Initially as I pondered my own response, I thought "I love the first three equally!"  But the more I think about it, the mountain would have to have a stream running through it, and the country a canal or something because I am drawn to water.  Just hearing the sound of water calms my soul. That being said, Edward's response to the above question would be immediate, "The City".  He loves to pause a movie whenever a beautiful city skyline is displayed and comment on how spectacular it looks. He loves walking/driving around a city exploring the shops and restaurants -which tends to bore me.  I love hiking...anywhere...outdoors -which is so not his thing.  So I guess it's true when they say opposites attract. 
It stresses Edward out coming to the beach.  He never learned how to swim very well, so is not fond of the water, and he hates that sand gets everywhere and  in everything.  Understanding this about him, I am grateful that he makes the sacrifice to visit the beach at least once on our California trips.

No comments:

Post a Comment