Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, April 13, 2018

Flat Iron

Flat Iron is a portion of the Superstition Mountain that looks like an upside down iron.  It's only a 6 mile hike, but the last quarter mile is pretty much a vertical ascent and will get your legs burning!  My first time attempting this hike we ran out of water and had to turn back early, so I was determined to try it again before the heat of summer hits in full force.  My Mom was here this weekend to watch my kids while I attended the Phx Dental Convention, so I decided to skip the morning lecture and gathered a group of ladies from my ward to hike to the top! The week prior the temperature was in the mid-nineties, but the day of the hike it dropped suddenly to a high of 72 degrees.  We started out at 5am so it was cool and beautiful the whole way.  I feel like Heavenly Father knew how much I wanted to do this hike and blessed us with the perfect weather for it.  I am so very grateful for His many tender mercies.

No comments:

Post a Comment