Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Pizza for dummies!


This recipe is my Grandma's (with a few tricks/tweaks from my Aunt Becky ;)
Yield: 4 super delish personal pizzas =P (which by the way, really isn't helping me with my diet. I still have 13 lbs to lose and my scale is stuck, so I'm going to have to work harder and eat better to get it to budge again.)
You will need:
1 can tomato soup
1 can Hunts tomato sauce
1 tspn pepper
1 tspn garlic salt
1 tspn oregano
1 tspn minced onion
1 pkg "bake n' serve" Rhodes Texas rolls (in freezer section)
Shredded cheese (I used a mix of colby & moterey jack cuz that's what I had on hand)
The dough takes a while to thaw (3-5 hrs) so get it out ahead of time. (If you take it out before church then by the time you get back it's ready to go.) There is a speed method for thawing, but it's kinda complicated, and this is "pizza for dummies" so...
1. Coat a pan with cooking spray and place 8 frozen rolls inside. Cover with saran wrap after lightly coating one side of wrap with cooking spray so the rolls don't stick once they rise.
Several hours later...
2. When rolls have doubled in size, take two and smash them together, then quickly toss dough eight feet in the air twenty times at a half tilt spin... Gottcha! Just Kidding ;)
3. Smash two rolls together and then roll them flat (or you can just sort of stretch them out like I did into a semi-circular shape.) I was able to fit two pizzas per cooking sheet.
4. Next, mix the first six ingredients together to make the sauce.
Spoon sauce onto pizza dough.
5. Add whatever toppings you like. I cooked up some hamburger meat with some diced onions and crumbled that on top (my grandma always made it with hamburger, and it's really good that way). And because my husband is a meat lover, I also cooked a small section of a Hillshire sausage link and diced it up small to sprinkle on top. And then of course I added a liberal amount of jalepenos.
6. Sprinkle with cheese on top and cook at 350 for 20min. Tada!!! Your own personally made personal pizza!

1 comment:

  1. Where's the gluten-free pizza for dummies? I really need it! P.S. More pictures of Reese, please.

    ReplyDelete