Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, May 25, 2015

Made my heart squeeze -in a good way!

The kids and I were heading to feed the ducks at the pond. I had brought my pool key just in-case the boys wanted to turn the splash pad on.  I noticed a young couple with their little baby all decked out in swim gear and bags loaded full of floaties and stuff.  They were standing at the pool gate searching through their bags and pockets, evidently looking for their pool key.  I just walked up (like anyone would) and swiped my pool key and held the gate open for them, then continued walking on toward the pond with my kids.  Reese took my hand and looked up at me and said, "You a reawy nice Mommy, you know dat? You hold da door open for da baby and his Mommy?
I said, "Yes, I held the door for them."
Then his little arms sprang around me and he gave me a big hug.  He said, "I wanna be reawy nice boy too, just like you!"

This exchange meant a lot to me because I've been feeling pretty down on myself as a parent lately. I don't do very well at family prayer, reading the scriptures with my boys, and Family Home Evening.  I am diligent about my personal prayers and scripture study though, and I try my best to live the gospel.  I felt like this was The Lord's way of telling me, "It's ok. You're doing a good job.  They are learning from your example." I'm crying as I type this because of how much it meant to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment