Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, December 17, 2016

Photo Contest

Several years ago I won a Christmas photo contest from Gymboree with this gem:
 I received a $2500 gift card which has been great for buying baby gifts as well as clothes for my own kids. 
So when I got an e-mail for another photo contest, I decided to give it a try.
This contest was for Uncle Ben's Rice, and you needed to display one school aged child, and their parent, cooking together, or with the finished (cooked) product.  The contest ran for several weeks and you could enter a photo a day so these were the pictures I submitted.  
I made it to the final round with one of my photos in the top 25 -there would be 5 grand-prize winners, giving me a 20% chance of winning.  And of course, out of all my submissions, they chose prob my least fav one:
 I teased Edward that they picked this one cuz he looks kinda like Uncle Ben himself here ;)
In the final round, you needed to get on-line votes for your photo, so we spread the word through the neighborhood, social media, and Reese's school (The grand-prize winners won $15,000 for themselves, and a $30,000 makeover for the child's school cafeteria -so Reese's school was excited about the possibility as well).
We didn't win, but it was fun nonetheless.  And Uncle Ben's sent all the 25 finalist this cooking set, cook book, and a $100 gift card to Safeway/Albertson's.  So in the end I won something (though not quite the same as $15,000 lol).

No comments:

Post a Comment