Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, December 18, 2016

Thanksgiving

The Wed before Thanksgiving, Edward called me and told me we were closing on the sell of a house we'd been renting in the west valley, and to meet him at the Title company to sign papers right after work.  The Title company was way up in north Phoenix, so when we finished up I got to thinking...if I headed straight to Page from there...it'd shave an hour off our trip and I wouldn't have to fight traffic getting out of Phoenix later.  So we said farewell to Edward (he has to work Thanksgiving since Wal-mart-black-Friday is now Thursday evening) and I loaded up the kids and headed out.  I was still in my scrubs and we didn't have toothbrushes or anything.  I called my Mom and she hit up the local Page thrift store for some warmer outfits for us, and the store for toothbrushes and diapers for Grayce, and I stopped in Anthem and bought myself a pair of pants.  
Brian & Sarah and little James were in Page for Thanksgiving too, and my parents invited a few widowers over for dinner as well, Brother Palmer, his son, and Reba Jones.  It was great visiting with everyone.  We went on a few hikes with Uncle Buzzy & Uncle Brian, and I played a great game of Scrabble. 
Friday morning my Dad followed us out of town, he was headed fishing at Lees Ferry, and we were headed home.  We all stopped at the-cut and spent an hour at the sand dunes.  This is the kids favorite spot to come to.  They can run as fast as they want, and not worry about tripping or falling over anything but soft sand.  It's like a toddlers haven.  All that red sand and blue sky does my heart good. 
As we passed back through Anthem we saw they had the giant Christmas tree up so we stopped for a closer look.  The kids saw a sign for the new Disney Moana movie and begged to go.  So we called Edward and asked him to meet us at the theatre (he was enjoying his day off at a car show in downtown Phx).  Saturday I made Edward a Thanksgiving dinner and got all caught up on laundry.  I know that seems like a weird detail to include -laundry -but it's a big deal to me.  I only ever get caught up on laundry a few times a year.  And I'm never really technically completely caught up if you count the basket of socks that I never have time to sort.  We all just rummage through it till we find a match to wear for the day.  If only I had a four day weekend every month, I could fit all the fun and work I want/need to do into my schedule ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment